Terms of Service
The Myeloma Beacon is an online service provided by Light Knowledge Resources LLC. The purpose of this site is for general education, to discuss myeloma news, and to act as a forum for users to share common experiences and to voice thoughts and opinions.
Your use of this site constitutes your agreement with the following terms and conditions of use. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms, then please do not access or use The Myeloma Beacon.
Information on this site is not a substitute for professional medical advice
Information provided on this site cannot be used for the purpose of diagnosis, providing medical treatment, making medical decisions, or as a substitute for professional medical advice. Light Knowledge Resources recommends that all medical care and treatment decisions be discussed with a patient’s physician or health care professional that is familiar with the patient’s specific health conditions. Under no circumstances will Light Knowledge Resources be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken based upon the information provided on this site.
Terms for submitting content
This site may contain commenting, forums, or other areas to which you may be allowed to post information or upload files. You shall use The Myeloma Beacon for lawful purposes only and agree that
- You are at least eighteen (18) years of age
- You will not post or submit to The Myeloma Beacon any materials that
- Are unlawful, offensive, defamatory, vulgar, pornographic, sexually explicit, abusive, threatening, or invasive of privacy rights
- Plagiarize or infringe on the rights of others including any material protected by copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right without the express consent of the owner, and you shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from an infringement
- Contain a virus or other harmful component
- Restrict or inhibit others from using The Myeloma Beacon
- Contain advertising or solicitation, including solicitation for participation in market research studies, clinical trials, or lawsuits
- Are intended primarily for promotional purposes, such as to promote a particular product, service, organization, website, treatment center, treatment, or clinical trial.
- Support, promote, or assist in the development of websites or other services which currently offer, or are expected to offer in the future, content and services which compete with those offered by The Myeloma Beacon
- Link to or otherwise promote "international pharmacy" websites, which offer to sell treatments for myeloma (or other diseases) through unofficial, often gray- or black-market, channels
- You will not make repetitive comments or forum postings intended primarily to support a particular opinion (or opinions) you hold, or which, in sum, are effectively promotional in nature (see points 2.e-2.g above).
Posting content to The Beacon that is contrary to the above stipulations may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by Light Knowledge Resources.
Any information you post to The Myeloma Beacon, enter during registration (except for your password), or provide in your profile may be publicly displayed on The Myeloma Beacon. Please do not submit any information that you do not wish to be made publicly available.
Light Knowledge Resources is not obligated to monitor the information posted by users. However, it reserves the right to edit, refuse to post, or to remove any information that in its discretion are in violation of these terms of service. Any opinions, advice, statements, or other information posted by users are those of the respective authors and not of Light Knowledge Resources.
By posting messages, uploading files, or making submissions to comments, forums, bulletin boards, and other public areas of The Myeloma Beacon, you hereby grant Light Knowledge Resources a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, unrestricted, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to modify, translate, reproduce, distribute, display, transmit, license, and otherwise use such material. You also permit any other user to access, view, store, or reproduce the material for that user’s personal use.
Our forums are powered by phpBB, which is a bulletin board solution released under the “General Public License” and can be downloaded from www.phpbb.com. The phpBB software only facilitates internet based discussions, the phpBB Group are not responsible for what we allow and/or disallow as permissible content and/or conduct. For further information about phpBB, please see: http://www.phpbb.com/.
Control of the Site
Light Knowledge Resources, its employees, and contributing writers retain and exercise full control over planning and implementation of the site. The commercial and nonprofit companies and organizations whose logos and links appear on this site have no influence on editorial content. The appearance of logos and links does not imply endorsement of any company or organization or its products by Light Knowledge Resources, its employees, or contributing writers. If you choose to click on any of the links, please consult the terms of service for those sites.
Disclaimer of Warranties
Light Knowledge Resources strives for accuracy, completeness, reliability, and timeliness of content on this site; however, we make no guarantees. If you believe there is an inaccuracy on the site, please inform the webmaster immediately so that the content can be reviewed.
Light Knowledge Resources does not warrant that the functions, materials, or content on this site will be uninterrupted or free of error or that files available for download from this site will be free of contaminating or destructive properties such as viruses, worms, or Trojan horses. Light Knowledge Resources LLC and its affiliates shall not be liable for the use of The Myeloma Beacon.
Any information that you enter will be stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither Light Knowledge Resources nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will Light Knowledge Resources LLC be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, punitive, or any other monetary damages, fees, fines, penalties, or liabilities relating to this site and/or content or information provided on this site. Light Knowledge Resources shall not be liable for any errors or inaccuracies in or timeliness of the information contained on this site or for any delay or interruption in the transmission to the user. There are no warranties as to the results obtained from the use of the information on this site. A user’s sole remedy for dissatisfaction with the site is to stop using it.
This agreement is entered into and performed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, United States of America, and shall be governed in accordance with the laws of Pennsylvania.
Light Knowledge Resources LLC, The Myeloma Beacon, and its logo are trademarks. All rights reserved. All other trademarks appearing on The Myeloma Beacon are the property of their respective owners.
Changes to this policy
We reserve the right to modify these terms of service at any time. Any changes will be promptly posted on this page.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our terms of service, please contact us at